Quantcast

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

One Step Forward... THE END

I know the saying is, "One step forward, two steps back."

Who wants to go backwards after you've made progress?

I'm talking about the EX of course.  The EX was demoted from boyfriend/girlfriend status for a reason.

Of course they want you back, because your AMAZING!

I recently saw my EX from two years ago at a party on Saturday.

Ours was not a good break-up... Well it was, until he called me TWO WEEKS later to tell me about every girl he had ever cheated on me with. (I know, right?)

I had a "WTF?" moment and then realized I really didn't care.

I had let go of him months ago because he was a complete
Skeeze. <<<<<  Is that a word? Oh well, it is now; my blog, my rules.

Anyways, he hasn't seen me in maybe a year or so and much has changed. My mindset and me physically. I don't want to sound conceited, but I look waaay better now. LOL!

Needless to say, when he saw me, he had to pick his face up off the floor.

I wish I had taken a camera the moment was priceless.

My hair and makeup...flawless.

Dress...classy and showed off just enough.

Shoes...4 inch Jessica Simpson's...grrrrr!

Every girl has a moment when they look in the mirror and its like... DAMN!   That was me on Saturday.

After he had gotten over his astonishment, he asked me how I was doing and blah, blah, blah...

Then, he asked me for my number...I've had the same number for 3 years now.

I told him he couldn't have it;  he then asked me was it the same and proceeded to ramble off my phone number FROM MEMORY...

SIDE NOTE:  Who remembers phone numbers anymore unless its like your mom or someone you dial constantly?  I mean, all of my numbers are saved in my phone, for the sole purpose of me NOT having to remember them. 

I lied and said no... (HAHAHA) and walked away.

Fast Forward to the end of the night. I'm walking in my door and my phone rings and its a number I don't recognize.

In a drunk and sleepy haze, I answer it.

Guess who decided to try my "old" number after all?:

Me: Hello?

The EX: Oh, you lied about your number?!

Me: (craaaaaaaaap)  Can I help you?

The EX:  You don't want to talk to me?

Me: Not really and especially not at 3 in the morning.

The Ex: Can we hang out sometime?

Me:  Ha Ha Ha Ha...Absolutely Not.

The Ex: Why, are you still mad about me breaking up with you?

Me: Ok, this may have escaped your memory because of all the reefer you smoke, but I broke up with you, because your an  ASS-hole.  SO, if there is nothing else, I am going to bed.  Good Day.  ::click::  ( and yes, I said Good Day, Fez style)

He called back twice that night and one time the next day.  I think he has given up.

I felt all fantastic (and still do) about how that turned out. It was like a Maury Povich "you effed up and look at me now shit-head!" moment.

Pressing the big red ignore button never felt so damn good.

Moral to the story boys and girls:  Do not go backwards. You may have changed, but more than likely your Ex is still the same douche you broke up with. 

Take it as a learning experience and move on with the satisfaction that they still haven't gotten over your Fabulous Self and someone else is willing to treat you better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails